Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Haidee's Virtual Baby Shower - UPDATE

UPDATE:
This is a reminder to RSVP to this event by tonight! The blog links to Haidee's Virtual Baby Shower will be up around Thursday, 19th May (AEST).
Please also let me know if you can no longer participate by comment or email.
Thank you!
My Super Special virtual friend Haidee from Maybe Baby... (or Maybe the Loony Bin?) is expecting her first child in July. A fellow IFer who experienced 3 years of infertility and 3 cycles of IVF will finally welcome her son. I have known Haidee now for a few years after we met in cyberspace on a baby and trying to conceive forum.  I was already a veteran at trying to conceive, in fact I only joined the forum when all of my failed assisted conception treatments were over and done with and I had gone on a break and was trying naturally again with the help of Chinese herbs. She was beginning her journey. Haidee was one of a few wonderful women who made the effort on a regular basis to reply to my comments or questions and always kept in touch with advice and support, even after I graduated to motherhood. She truly is a compassionate, supportive and caring person and most especially a beautiful friend.

I also know that she has touched many other women during their own IF journey.

I can't wait to meet you In Real Life Haidee.

I am proud and honoured to host her Virtual Baby Shower. Please show your support for this amazing person and also participate in this Virtual Baby Shower.

1. Please leave a comment on this blog post OR email me at: babyshowerhost@hotmail.com  and let me know that you are participating/RSVPing to the event. You have till the 16th May (AEST) to let me know. Provide your blog link and any questions you may have.

2. As this is Virtual, all you need to do is pick a gift(s). On the 19th May (AEST) put up a blog post that is dedicated to Haidee's Baby Shower. Your gift could be anything. A photo of baby clothes, a poem, a recipe/picture of your favourite sweet, a picture of a cigar for her husband. Anything creative or unique. Remember as this is "Virtual" there is no budget limit.

3. On the 19th May (AEST) I will provide all your blog links on my blog. This will allow Haidee to link to your blog posts and "receive" her gifts.  Please also take the time to visit these blogs yourself and have a gander at what everyone else has given.

If you do not have a blog, I am happy to host it for you along with mine. Please let me know.

Looking forward to hosting this for a very special friend. Please make the effort to participate as it's also an opportunity to network and follow other bloggers.

Thank you!

13 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for Haidee, she truly is a wonderful woman and i'm so excited that she will finally have her dream of becoming a mummy come true in July..... I am so lucky to have meet such wonderful women on the journey of ttc... love you girls.
    Claudia xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post for a lovely friend(and BY a lovely friend!)-will definitely be there!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so sweet :) We don't have baby showers here in India but would love to be a part of this one for sure! Count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet -- coount me in!! I'm so happy for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea... already starting to think of pressie ideas :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets hope we keep you busy and you have to host a heap of baby showers in the next year!!

    You have a big fat heart Athena, to go with your skinny bum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~Blush~
    I would be more than happy to host all these baby showers. I love to spread the love as much as my arse spreads these days. Skinny - in my dreams. My husband calls it the "Hellenic Greek Disorder".

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! I would love to participate!
    I have already featured Haidee's story on my blog and I would love to feature your success story as well. Here's a link to Haidee's story where you can see the format/questions I use: http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com/2011/01/30/meet-haidee/
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be part of Haidees baby shower what a wonderful way to celebrate a milestone journey that we all are enduring...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely still happy to be come to her virtual baby shower... love the idea :) Thinking of pressies to post :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am on. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have created a post and will post it tomorrow. But I didn't tell you. Is it too late! Can I just post it. I'm really bad with this stuff. Sorry!

    Jill @ Who said 3 is a crowd

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will post my thing tomorrow morning, India time hope that's okay?

    ReplyDelete

Grace was in all her steps, Heaven in her Eye, In every gesture dignity and love" ~ John Milton. Thank you for your comments.